Around the Parish
This year, Holy Cross Church celebrates its 141st Anniversary. There will be a celebration party after the 10 am service on Sunday, October 8.
Sunday Services are at 8:30 am and 10 am.
Sunday School is back in regular session. The younger grades meet in the Sunday School Room in the church office wing. The older class meets in the Albury Room. We're using new curriculums from Sparkhouse for both levels this year. We're looking forward to an exciting journey.
Choir: Choir rehearsals are now on Thursday at 7:45 pm. No experience is necessary to join the choir. If you would like to add your voice, speak to our choir director, Gloria, or any choir member.
Craft & Vendor Fair The Craft & Vendor Holiday Fair is being held this year on Saturday, November 18th. There will be over 20 vendors, plus the traditional "Overlooked Treasures" from Betty's Basement, our Luncheon Cafe and, of course, the Bake Sale.
The next Neighbors Feeding Neighbors is on October 29 at 12:30pm.
Hunterdon Hills Playhouse Christmas: It’s time to save the date for our annual social event at Hunterdon Hills Playhouse. This year’s outing will take place on Sunday afternoon, December 10th. The show and dinner will start at 2:30 p.m. and the cost is $72.50. A $5.00 deposit would be appreciated by July 30th to hold your reservation and should go to Eve Hart. More information will be forthcoming.
F.I.S.H: There are bins for donations to F.I.S.H. and forms with their most needed items by the ledge. Please double bag your donations. Thanks!
See the calendar for the full schedule of Events.
In Our Parish
His funeral will be here at Holy Cross on Saturday at 11 a.m. A luncheon will take place following the service in Embury Hall. The viewing will be at the Branchburg Funeral Home; 910 U.S. 202 South, Branchburg, NJ, from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. on October 6 (908-526-7638; branchburgfuneralhome.com). Tom and Robyn request that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to St. Thomas Choir School, 202 West 58th Street, New York, New York 10019.
In the Media
In Our Community
- Let Your Yoga Dance: Sunday, October 15th, 12 p.m., $5/person. Register by 10/8
- Paint Night: Friday, October 6th, 7:30 p.m., $45/adult; $35/child
- Blessing of the Animals, October 8th, 12 p.m.
- Tricky Tray for Hands of Hope for the Community, Saturday, October 28th, 6 to 8 p.m., at the Veterans of Foreign War Hall, Edison.
God in the Abstract Art Exhibit at Nails in the Wall, St. Luke's in Metuchen. Free admission: M-F, 9 am - 2 pm; Sat. 4-6 pm; Sun. 11 am - 2 pm. Go to www.nailsinthewall.org for more information.
In Our Diocese
- Special Convention on the 2018 Budget: October 7th at Trinity Cathedral. More information to follow.
- 13th Annual Trinity Community Day Golf Outing will be on Monday, October 9th.
- Young Adults: For information specifically geared to young adults (18-30) in our diocese, visit the website at: http://dioceseofnj.org/youngadults
- Youth Ministry: For information specifically geared to teenagers from 6th through 12th grade (and the adults who work with them) visit: www.newjerseyyouth.org
- There is a calendar of all Diocesan events that have been submitted to the Diocese (including concerts, exhibits, special services, boutiques, holiday events, etc.) at: http://dioceseofnj.org/calendar
In the Episcopal Church